Cancellation and Refund
- Please book the date as early as possible to ensure availability;
- Booking dates are not secured until a deposit is received;
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required for orders <$1000;
- A 1/3 non-refundable deposit is required for orders >$1000;
- The balance is due 1 week (7 days), prior to delivery / pick up for celebration cakes or two weeks prior for wedding cakes / dessert tables;
- Any payments made will not be refunded. Monies paid may be credited for another date in the event of a change of date or cancellation up to 7 days of the delivery / pick up date (subject to lead time and availability).
- No money will be credited if the order is cancelled within 7 days of the delivery / pick up date.
Each cake is handmade to order slight variations to colours and flowers can occur in designs and minor design changes may be made if deemed necessary.
Delivery, transportation and storage
The cake is to be stored at a cool, dry room temperature, an air conditioned room is best for fondant cakes or refrigerated for buttercream cakes until required. Fondant cakes may be refrigerated on a warm day but will need some time to re-acclimatise and for condensation to dry when taking it from a fridge to room temperature. Humidity and heat can damage the cake. All care will be taken but we are not liable for damage caused by uncontrollable weather conditions.
We reserve the right to use any photo we have taken of our creation even if the client has had input into the design.
Accidents and Emergencies
In the extremely unlikely event that an accident occurs we will do everything within our power (and timeframe) to rectify the situation. If the damage is our fault you will be refunded appropriately, but we are not liable for any additional compensation.
Once the cake has been delivered or picked up and is out of our hands we are not liable for any damage. We will however do anything we can within reason and timeframe to fix the situation for you.
Cake stand $20, Tiered cupcake stands $40 large, $30 small. Rustic wood slice plates / platters $10 ea. A bond will be charged for hire items as follows; cake stands and large cupcake stands $150 ea, small cupcake stands $50, wood slice plates / platters $30 ea. The bond will be refunded to you in full provided they are returned, undamaged within one week from your event.
The day, time and contact details of the person returning the items must be provided in advance otherwise the hire items will not be provided. Hire items are to be returned clean- they are to be hand washed / wiped with a damp cloth and not placed in a dishwasher.
By proceeding with an order you consent to these terms and conditions.
Cakes by Sarah
7 Aviemore Drive, Bedfordale, 6112